Picks, Pairings & Choices for Spring & Summer
Spring runway fashion may look like a hit for some, but it’s a big miss for others. Some looks are hard to imagine wearing. For instance, leather pants are loose and baggy in pastel colors. Some skirts are see-through right through to the underwear and bras are back to being center stage as they’re sewn on the outside of garments. If you’re planning on shopping this year, you have a right to be nervous! I’m bringing you the picks, pairings, and choices for Spring and Summer.
Here are some trends to tempt you:
- All prints are right on trend and a print dress is a fast fix. Whether it’s black and white or multi-colored, just add a neutral shoe and you’re good to go.
- Pink in your favorite shade is awaiting your discovery. Pick blush pink, sexy rose pink, neon pink and so many more. It just may be the “new” black! Although “radiant orchid” is the Pantone color of the year, all pinks are the trend.
- Leather jackets continue to be right on trend. Get a spring version that’s lighter weight and maybe even in a lighter color.
- The white shirt is back is a big way and has many variations. Tuck it in, wear it out, pair it with prints, or go stark white from head to toe. Nothing’s fresher.
- Patterned skirts are a great choice if separates work best on you. Choose one in a slim pencil style. Add a white blouse for an easy pairing.
- Cotton, with the help of technology, is becoming the super star of fabrics. Double-face cotton poplin and cotton stretch fabrics make it a great choice for work or play.
- Culottes and cropped pants are great alternatives to shorts or above-the-knee Bermuda shorts. But don’t recycle the capris you wore years ago — they will look dated.
- Backpacks are back. Fanny packs are too.
- Handbags in vivid pastels say “spring” a lot faster than those in black or brown.
- An athletic jacket is in, keeping with the sports craze. Keep the bottom half simple by wearing a jean or a form-fitting skirt.
- Wearing gold in a metallic dress, skirt or top in gold lace, beads or knit will help you feel like royalty.
- Blush colors, soft pinks and makeup foundation colors are the new neutrals in clothes. You could fall for sand, creamy beige and tawny shades for sophisticated looks.
- Intense colored pieces in electrified tones of blue, orange, green or red are great to wear if you feel bold or want to be seen.
- Pant choices are plentiful, from slim to very wide. The most flattering shape is waiting for you to slip into it. Try on a few.
- A sheath or shirtwaist dress continues to make one-piece dressing easy.
- Pick a pantsuit! When separates are confusing, pantsuits are effortless. Floral or fauna prints, solid shades, neutrals or brights — you choose. This is a no-fail wardrobe choice.
Written by: Orene Kearn, Image & Wardrobe Consultant
About the Author
Orene Kearn, a certified Image and Wardrobe Consultant, is an expert on strategic dressing for your body type. She has helped women and men tackle their image issues and enhance their visual credibility. Orene brings joy and ease to her clients in helping them develop their unique personal styles, build their wardrobes to suit their needs and feel confident about their appearance in every situation.
Images Courtesy of Canva.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!