Roofs form an important part of every home. They protect your home from harsh weather conditions, ease water, and snow drainage, and maintain interior temperatures. Over time, roofing design, methods, and materials have changed significantly. Modern roofing methods and materials have replaced initial options. Whether you are building your new home or renovating or replacing your roof, you should look into the different trends in the roofing industry for the best options.
2023 Roofing Design Trends
Your roofing contractor may advise you on the following roofing design trends for 2023.
1. The Rise of Eco-friendly Roofing Design Options
Eco-friendly roofing solutions are undoubtedly the number one roofing design trend currently. The popularity of eco-friendly solutions is primarily because of the tangible effects of climate change. Using sustainable materials saves roofing costs, utility expenses, and environmental effects. The following eco-friendly roofing solutions are on the rise:
- Solar roofs – Solar roofing is certainly the number one sustainable roofing trend currently. Solar roofs allow homeowners to protect the environment and their wallets as it is an alternative source of energy. Instead of the traditional large solar panels that negatively affect curb appeal, roofing contractors and builders have switched to photovoltaic shingles, which look like asphalt shingles but function like original solar panels.
- Green roofs – The popularity of green roofs has also increased, especially in homes with flat roofs and commercial buildings. Green roofs have gardens that provide natural shade and control rainwater. However, green roofs are not for every home. Green roofs need proper drainage and aeration. The structure should also be able to support the weight of the vegetation and organic material.
- Cool roofs – Besides solar shingles, the popularity of cool roofs is also on the rise. Cool roofs are made from materials that reflect or absorb energy. They help homeowners maintain their indoor temperatures during summer and winter.
- Synthetic materials – Roofing using synthetic materials is also becoming popular. Roofers are switching to roofs made from recycled materials for environmental safety. Synthetic roofs are also becoming popular due to their affordable nature.
2. Increasing Popularity of Metal Roofs
Metal roofs have been popular and will remain popular for the next few years. While there may be other reasons behind its popularity, most people like metal roofs’ striking visual appearance and functionality. Consider this roofing material if you want a functional roof or looking to improve your home’s aesthetic appeal. Metal roofs have unbeatable durability, require minimal maintenance, and are available in different styles. However, they are more expensive than other roofing options.
3. Changing Architectural Roofing Design
Roofing in 2023 is also heavily marked by a significant change in roofing architecture. Homeowners and roofing contractors are stepping away from large, visible roofs in favor of mid-century designs. These designs require fewer roofing materials compared to the common suburban styles.
With endless creative innovations in the roofing industry, you might not know which innovation to pay attention to. You should consider the trends mentioned above if you are building or renovating your home. You should look for roofing options that withstand harsh weather conditions.
Other Posts You Might Enjoy:
Roof And Siding Maintenance Tips
Roofs: Repairs Versus Replacements
What Type Of Materials Are Used For Roof Work
7 Questions You Must Ask Your Roofing Contractor Before Hiring Them