A complete office move is never easy. For employees, a change like an office move might go two different ways. First, it might lead to a boost in their productivity. Or, it might lead them to an ineffective slump.
Moreover, the organization of the move is paramount for a successful adjustment. That’s why organizational strategies and planning are necessary. Keep reading for strategies on how to successfully perform your next office move.
Ways to Increase Employee Productivity During an Office Move
Why Move Offices?
You might be looking at an office move for several reasons. For one, your employees might outgrow the space available. It might also because of an increase in company success that accommodates a move to a better working environment.
Whatever the purpose of your move, for it to be successful, it needs to be beneficial to everyone’s working conditions.
How Do You Move Offices?
Once you decide to move, you need a plan of action. In other words, you need an outline of strategies. Here is a suggested list to help you during your office move.
- A task list for before, during and after the move, including the people responsible for completing the tasks.
- A detailed budget for the costs of relocating from one office to the other.
- Information on all the suppliers and service providers who will offer support.
- The contact information that you’ll pass on to your clients.
- Any risks and potential problems you might encounter during this time and how to resolve them.
- Communication between you and the employees on the details of the move.
After the planning stage, distribute a schedule to all employees and start checking off the tasks. Keep adjusting the list depending on your needs and those of your employees.
If done well, office relocation invigorates the mood of the company. Additionally, it gives a fresh start to the direction of your brand. Here are some ways the move can re-energize your employees.
Opens up New Working Strategies
Moving is a good time to update your branding or try a new technique of doing things. For instance, a new office is a blank canvas. It allows you to try different layouts, styles, and decor.
Depending on your needs and those of your employees, you might decide upon either an open or closed office layout. Interestingly, each has a specific purpose which improves productivity.
The right physical design enhances workflow techniques like “lean working” and “swarm intelligence”.
Opportunity to Grow Your Company
One of the advantages of moving to a new, bigger office is the ability to expand your team. More space also means there is an opportunity to increase your workforce and branch your services.
A spacious office is also likely to look more impressive in the eyes of your clients and employees as it signals success.
Workspace Design to Attract the Best Talent
It’s possible to redesign your new office to attract new talent. It’s true that office culture contributes to the wellbeing of the employees. However, the right culture also attracts great talent.
Normally, the office culture is a mix of different elements. Some of the primary influences are as follows in the list below.
- Colors help set the mood of the environment.
- Comfortable furniture employee motivation and increases the desire to continue working in a company after such a move.
- Features like potted plants, lighting, and decor also invite a positive environment.
While it’s not easy for employees to adapt to change because of an office move, when it’s done right, it revitalizes motivation and employee productivity.