By August, the thrill of grilling can begin to fleet. Hot dogs AGAIN?! Burgers AGAIN?!
So, we asked our staff for their favorite, easiest-to-make burger recipe that was anything but ordinary – here’s what we got:
Juicy, Grilled Meatloaf Burgers
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 1 lb ground pork sausage
- 1 egg
- ½ cup of diced onion
- ½ cup of diced bell peppers (the more colors, the better!)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup of worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp of onion salt
- 1 tsp of celery salt
- 1 tsp of black pepper
- Place all ingredients into one large bowl, roll up your sleeves and mash them all together with your hands.
- Separate into 8 even sections and form patties.
- Grill to desired pinkness (The USDA recommends an internal temperature of 160 degrees F)
- Serve on a bun with all the regular burger fixings!
You’ve got to agree – that sounds easy!
The Special Ingredients
Burgers are traditionally made from ground beef with spices, but this recipe adds in large portions of colorful peppers and flavorful onions, cheese and sausage.
The egg and cheese work to hold it all together (no need for breadcrumbs – that will only dry them out!) and the worcestershire sauce gives it an extra, mouthwatering zing!
We know a few of us will be enjoying this recipe this weekend – and we hope you do too!