Yes! They are certainly my favorite gift from my man, but I am also a fan of any pretty bling that comes my way. Let’s face it, what girl doesn’t want to get the gift of jewelry from her love? Sometimes as women we read a lot into it, putting incredible pressure on your lover to get it right. Depending on where the relationship is at can be the cause of a lot of stress.
There is a funny correlation between people who are dating and then take it to the next level and those who buy their partner a meaningful gift. Perhaps it is because the notion that you are doing something to show that you care in a significant way opens the other person up to that type of possibility.
But, whether you are interested in moving your relationship forward or you just like to give gifts, buying a necklace for someone you care about will certainly always be a positive memory.
Here are some types of necklaces that tend to make a large impression:
White South Sea Pearl Necklaces
Pearls symbolize wisdom acquired through experience. It is also said to mean purity, generosity, integrity and loyalty of the one’s whose neck it is draped upon. If a man gives a woman pearls, he is taking the relationship seriously. Pearls are also a great gift to a first-time mother to signify the purity of motherhood.
The pearl trade has been a part of South Seas lore for hundreds of years. Men fought and died over pearls so that they could bring the best strings home to their own girlfriends and spouses. Today, the industry has developed a way to actually ensure that the quality of the pearls that are in your necklace are much better than they were when pirates and conquistadors were fighting over who got to keep the pearls they had. By visiting sites like https://www.thepearlsource.com/white-south-sea-pearl-necklace.php, you should be able to find and order the quality of pearl that you are looking for. When shopping for a pearl necklaces you will want to consider the follow:
- Pearl Shape – Round pearls almost always cost the most, but depending on the designer and how he is using it in the jewelry design the baroque and off-round pearls make a beautiful statement as well.
- Pearl Surface – This is an important factor when buying pearls. The pearl is a natural gemstone and it is the imperfections in anything natural that adds to the beauty. What you want to make sure of is that the imperfections are not visible detraction.
- Pearl Luster – The luster does relate to the surface. If there are too many imperfections then the luster of the pearl will be affected. You want a high quality luster, almost like a mirror reflection.
- Pearl Size – This is where size does matter! You want your pearls to be 7mm and larger for adult women. Young girls and teenagers can wear smaller diameters, but the larger ones traditionally are kept for a woman.
Emerald is my birthstone and a favorite of mine! I salivated over Angelina Jolie’s emerald drop earrings she wore to the 2009 Oscars red carpet. Buying a woman a birthstone says you are taking the relationship slow, but that it means something to you.
Although emeralds are one of the rarest gems in the world, they are often overshadowed by diamonds in the marketplace. That sometimes makes for an opportunity to pick up one of the most visually stunning types of gemstone at a price that will be within your budget. And if you decide that an emerald necklace is too much at this point, emerald earrings are also a good option for helping your partner replace their costume jewelry.
- Color – A true emerald should have a deep green hue. Many times unscrupulous jewelers might try to pass off green beryl for an emerald. Beryl would be a light green so beware. A true emerald will be darker than a Coke bottle.
- Check for cracks and inclusions – True emeralds are strong stones so you want to avoid brittle ones. Small inclusions are acceptable, they occur when foreign material that is not actually a part of the gemstone is inside it. Inclusions actually make the gemstone more valuable than one with dull color.
- Transparency – A high-quality emerald will be a bit cloudy as seen in the above picture, but should possess great transparency.
White Gold Chain Necklaces
It is pretty common to buy regular gold necklaces for your girlfriend. What can stand out more is buying a white gold necklace and adding either a gemstone or another type of pendant to the end. When you do that, you are not only showing that you care, you are also demonstrating the ability to complement your significant other by providing them with an accessory that will match their personal style- something that should help them to see that you are paying attention.
Well, you know what they say…and you better know you mean forever when you give a lady a diamond.
The diamond is the hardest gemstone and one of the most valued. They are a symbol of innocence and constancy. Diamonds are the chosen gem for the engagement ring. Tips to picking the right diamond:
- Jewelers Reputation – You want to make sure you know and trust the person you are purchasing the diamond from. You want him professionally trained as a Gemologist.
- Diamond Color – The less color in the stone, the more valuable.
- Diamond Clarity – This measures the amount, size and placement of internal inclusions and external blemishes. Grades run from flawless to included, which contain a significant number of imperfections.
- Diamond Cut – This does not refer to a diamond’s shape, but to the proportion and arrangement of its facets and the quality of workmanship. How brilliant and how much sparkle is determined by the cut. Grades range from excellent to poor.
- Diamond Carat – Carat refers to the weight of the stone. Generally the higher the weight the more expensive the stone. Needless to say, all of the above comes into to play when evaluate the worth of a diamond.
Whether you are considering a ring or a diamond necklace, it is a serious purchase and you want to make sure you take your time and consider all of your options before purchase.
Necklaces are a great way of showing that your relationship has meaning. If you are planning to surprise your girlfriend or spouse, using expert jewelry store websites like the pearlsource.com is a good idea because they not only have a lot of design information that should help you to make your choice, they also have expert customer service agents that can answer any questions that you might have.
Images Courtesy of Canva.