Here is another great episode of Clean Drink Happy Hour. In the show, we show you how to make a rose infused “Love Potion” and organic chocolate obsession, perfect for celebrating Valentine’s Day with a loved one!
This episode contains:
- A recipe for a cocktail – containing only clean ingredients
- A recipe for an appetizer – again, made only with clean ingredients
- Style and entertaining tips
BIG Thanks to our friends at Indian River Select who provided us with the freshest, best-tasting orange and grapefruit juice we could imagine for our drink recipes.
Watch the Full Episode Now
Join us for Clean Drink Happy Hour! Watch the full episode here… recipes and more information about the products we used can be found below:
Clean Living Rose Infused Gin Love Potion
Indian River Select was the perfect choice for our clean drinks. All of their juices are 100% fresh squeezed Florida juice. In the episode, you saw Stephanie mixing up the “Love Potion” drink using Indian River Select® Grapefruit Juice.
- 2 pt of Hendrick’s gin (this is a rose & cucumber infused gin)
- 1 pt Pomegranate juice
- ½ lemon, squeezed
- 1 pt of Fresh Indian River Select® Grapefruit Juice
- 3 dashes of Angostura bitters
- 1/2 tsp. ground Cardamom
Add gin, Pom juice, lemon & grapefruit juice, angostura bitters and cardamom in shaker with ice. Shake. Pour in chilled glass.
Clean Living Organic Chocolate Obsession Recipe
Use your favorite combination of nuts to make this quick and easy chocolate nut bark.
3 dozen 1 1/2-inch pieces | Active Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 35 minutes
- 2 cups semisweet, bittersweet or milk chocolate chips, melted
- 1 1/2 cups assorted nuts, such as hazelnuts, almonds and cashews, plus more for garnish,
- ½ – ¾ cup goji berries
- Coconut flakes
- Melt chocolate, stirring frequently
- Mix in nuts and goji berries into melted chocolate
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. (Take care to avoid wrinkles.) Scrape the mixture onto the foil and spread it into an approximate 12-by-9-inch rectangle.
- Sprinkle with unsweetened coconut flakes & goji berries
- Refrigerate until set, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer the bark and foil to a cutting board. Use a sharp knife to cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Tip: To melt chocolate, microwave on Medium for 1 minute. Stir, then continue microwaving on Medium, stirring every 20 seconds, until melted. Or place chocolate in the top of a double boiler over hot, but not boiling, water. Stir until melted.
Information for Purchasing Your Chocolate
- Not processed with alkali (also called dutching) – reduces flavanols
- 70% or more chocolate content
- Support organic and fair trade chocolate
- Temper chocolate for room temperature storage
Clean Living Glassware and Serving Pieces
Clean living goes beyond what you put in your body. The glasses, plates and other items that we use to prepare, serve and store our foods and drinks has big impact on our health and on our environment. So, in the Clean Drink Happy Hour, you’ll see us using products that are made with natural materials – they are good for us and good for our environment.