Getting ready for the holidays does not mean you have to spend a pot of gold to make your home look festive. For example, the CH Living designers took this living room from everyday to holiday in just a few easy steps. Here are their budget-friendly decorating tips:
- Christmas trees do not need to be huge. Our tree was made from pine branch scraps found at a local tree lot. Stick the branches in a container filled with soil to keep them moist. Add a few white lights to make them sparkle.
- Hang a dried vine wreath sprayed with white paint and finished off with small white lights for a simple but cheery touch that will last well beyond the holidays.
- Purchase a paper mache deer head at a local craft store for an added year-round accent or if you are feeling really creative you can make your own following the YouTube instructions at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw2if7uGBy4
- Remember when you participated in “Red Nose Day?” Share your red nose with your deer head to make him a Rudolf.
- Add a few colorful ornaments and a holiday throw to the ottoman cocktail table and a colorful red pillow to perk up the sofa.
- Lastly, do not forget the milk and cookies for Santa and a few carrots for the reindeer!
These holiday decorations are shown in the room with CH Living upholstered furniture featuring the Rivoli sofa, Rivoli Recliner chair and Rivoli Bench ottoman being used as a cocktail table. You can see more CH Living at http://www.ch-living.com/.